Monday, May 25, 2009

Two Months Already


In answer to your first question: Yes we are copying Garrett and Jennifer in creating a blog about Emmie.

That said, they copied us in having a baby so we are one up.

I cannot believe it has been two months since Kara met me at the car after swimming to say she "thought" her water had broken. A week overdue, we were quite happy to welcome such an event, even though it turned out to be a 1:34 am c-section.

(Cody writing) Emmie Reed has been magical to be around. I have never laughed so much, or loved so greatly in my life. I thought I loved Kara to no end before we had Emmie, but seeing her as a mother just adds a new dimension to the love that I have.

Even when the conversation revolves around poop. Which, for all you parents, happens to be a frequent topic.

In the next few weeks she will surely get her Harvard acceptance letter, as she is brilliant, but in the meantime we are looking ahead to her baptism on June 14, and her visit from her Pops and Gigi, who are flying all the way from Odessa, TX to spend a week ignoring mommy and daddy.

In the meantime, here are some photos from the last two months:







One month and two month birthdays!


No comments:

Post a Comment